Three completed. One ripped out. Two in progress.
This orange one in yesterday's post was actually the first one that got completed but was number three on the list (number two got ripped out before I realized it likely would have worked if I had just known to keep on going).
After working with the green linen (first on list, still in progress) I wondered what a soft yarn would produce. Hayfield Exquisite Shimmer (61 acrylic, 39 nylon; a long time resident of the stash) was started with the Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain, 2 sc in each sc around and around etc. This is it at rnd 4 with 96 sts using a #6 hook. It is just starting to roll in on itself in a very relaxed way. Not easy to see the stitches when crocheting.
Green bulky linen which had been number one was in plain view and having ripped out number two thinking it wasn't going to work but realizing it likely would have if I had continued and having green bulky linen in that same state but not ripped out - well, I was wanting to take it further.
Again it started with Ch 2, 6 sc in second ch from hook, but this time the increasing was * 1 sc in next two scs, 2 sc in third sc, repeat from * around and around etc. And I worked into the back of the stitches. This was a less intense increase with a P hook and thicker yarn which made a definite difference but I could see it was going to roll inward so I put it aside for the moment.
The thought of what it would look like to use a different colour yarn for each row led to robbing the stash of a WIP for the Philosopher's wool, doubling the strands, using a large hook, 9 sc in the second ch from the hook to start, and being delighted at how quickly the thing grew!
This is the third row with maroon partway around at 42 sts.
Tomorrow I plan to post on thoughts that arose as to the potential of this 'structure' and perhaps report on some progress of the bulky linen and the ivory WIP's.